* A soup and sandwich lunch, bake sale and used book sale will be held Saturday at Emanuel Lutheran Church, 2650 Freysville Road, Windsor Township, on the corner of Freysville and Windsor Roads, Red Lion. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. Proceeds benefit local charities and nonprofits. Food available includes soup by the bowl: chicken corn, ham bean, and potato; sandwiches: hot chicken, hamburger barbecue or hot dog. Also homemade potato salad, pepper slaw, and dessert and hot and cold drinks. Eat-in or take-out available.
* There will be a turkey, ham and roast beef dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. SaturdayNov. 3 at Stewartstown United Methodist Church, 26 S. Main St. Huge, all-you-can-eat buffet with trimmings of mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, stuffing, lettuce salad, fruit salad, rolls, turkey gravy, beef gravy, pie and ice cream. Adults $13, children 6-12 $7, under 6 free. Carry-outs available. For more information, call 993-2507.
* An annual turkey dinner and silent auction will be held 4-7 p.m. Saturday at Lewisberry United Methodist Church, 309 Market St., Lewisberry. The meal will consist of turkey, filling, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green beans, cranberry sauce, applesauce, drink and dessert. Adults $10, children 5-12 $5. The silent auction will run during the meal hours. Any questions, call 503-1571.
* St. Paul (Hametown) Lutheran Church, 11894 Susquehanna Trail South, Glen Rock, will host its annual Sunday school ham supper from 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov 3,. Menu will include ham, potatoes, green beans, corn, pepper slaw, red beet eggs, pickles, celery, carrots, rolls and butter, beverages, and cake and pie. The community is invited. Call 235-1841 for more information.
* Tuesday Election Day soup and bake sale at the Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 6881 Church Road in Cross Roads. Chicken corn soup and bake sale items available starting at 8 a.m. until all sold. The soup is $5 a quart with jars furnished. For information, call 993-6961.
* A soup sale will be held by Christ Lutheran Church, 80 S. Main St., Loganville, on Saturday, Nov. 17, in conjunction with Christmastime in Loganville. Chicken corn, ham bean, and vegetable crab soups will be sold. Price is $6 a quart for chicken corn and ham bean soups, and $7 a quart for vegetable crab soup. Deadline for ordering soups is Wednesday, Nov. 7. To assure getting soup, please place orders by calling 428-3523 or 741-0001 on or before Nov. 7.