1. BRUTAL WINDS, COLD AND SNOW ASSAULT NORTHEAST
With nearly 2 feet of snow in some places, residents start digging out and trying to get around.
2. BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS AND HEALTH CARE
The new system doesn't yet have a way for consumers to easily update their coverage after a birth or other big life changes.
3. STRANDED, RESCUED, NOW STALLED ON ANTARCTIC ICE
Concern that a Chinese ship involved in retrieving the 52 passengers might now get stuck itself is delaying the journey home.
4. WHO CAME TO 10 DOWNING STREET
Revealed today: Former Soviet leader Gorbachev showed up unannounced at British Prime Minister Thatcher's residence in 1984.
5. WHAT'S NEXT FOR SNAPCHAT AFTER BREACH
The disappearing-message service promises a more secure version of its app will let users opt out of the "Find Friends" feature.
6. FLOCKING TO FLORIDA
The Sunshine State is on track this year to surpass New York as the nation's third-most-populous state after California and Texas.
7. HOPING FOR RESOLUTION IN TONSIL SURGERY CASE
Lawyers for the hospital and the California girl declared brain dead meet with a federal magistrate today.
8. HOW WOULD SHERLOCK SOLVE THIS ONE?
A fight is brewing over copyright protections expiring on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's detective tales, and the result could affect many writers.
Michael Schumacher's fans converge on a French hospital to salute the Formula One champion on his 45th birthday, just days after he was critically injured in a skiing accident.
10. SURPRISE STARTER LEADS SOONERS TO SWEET VICTORY
Freshman quarterback Trevor Knight completes a Sugar Bowl-record 32 passes for 348 yards and four touchdowns as No. 11 Oklahoma beat third-ranked Alabama 45-31.