West York Police have charged 22 more people for alleged involvement in what police have called a major organized retail crime ring allegedly run by borough resident James Giuffrida.
Police said they have now arrested 133 people in connection to the alleged ring.
All 22 were charged in March with conspiracy to commit retail theft, conspiracy to commit theft by deception and conspiracy to receive stolen property, borough police said. They are:
* Wesley Bentzel, 25, of Spring Grove
* E. Allen Braun, 31, of Airville
* Bradley Breon, 31, of York
* Walter Brown III, 58, of York
* Jackie Chronister II, 24, of Hanover
* Nikki Collins, 31, of Duncannon
* Crystal Colon, 25, of Lancaster
* Kayla Crespo, 19, of East Berlin
* Douglas Dahlen, 28, of Hanover
* Jennifer Gibboney, 28, of Duncannon
* Joshua Gorsuch, 21, of Gettysburg
* Brittaney Harris, 20, of Spring Grove
* Clinton Mann, 31, of York
* Randall Meisen Jr., 25, of McSherrystown
* Bobby Perez, 33, of Lancaster
* Eric Rentzel, 35, of York Haven
* Izayah Reyes, 18, of Lancaster
* William Rivera Jr., 30, of Lancaster
* Joel Robinson, 27, of York
* Jennifer Sipe, 34, of Wrightsville
* Jamie Reedy, 28, of Delta
* Peter Trochin, 39, of West York
Police said they shut down Giuffrida's alleged theft ring, which they said he operated out of his now-closed Powerhouse Graphix storefront at 1415 W. Market St. since 2009.
Giuffrida maintains his innocence, defense attorney Ron Gross has said.
West York Police allege Giuffrida headed a highly organized theft network active since 2009, whose activity started to branch out and grow in late 2011.
Ring members allegedly stole merchandise worth $750,000 at the direction of Giuffrida, who then bought and sold the items. Members also exchanged the items for store gift cards, which Giuffrida also then bought for less than face value and sold at a profit, police allege.
The ring operated in York, Adams, Cumberland, Lancaster and Lebanon counties, as well as two Maryland counties, police said.
-- Staff writer Liz Evans Scolforo can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.