American Indoor Football, facts at a glance
- Head coach of the yet-to-be-named York team is Jimmy Lewis.
- The team is owned by league CEO John Morris and Ulander Giles, a Maryland resident.
- League officials are betting on a rivalry between York's team and the Harrisburg Stampede. The two teams will play twice next season, which begins in March and ends with a championship game in June.
- Last year, the league had 12 teams spread throughout the country.
- York's team, which has yet to be named, will play eight games - four at the York City Ice Arena and four away. Home games will be played on Saturday nights.
- Tryouts for York's team will take place once in November and twice in December. There are 25 spots, with 20 players active each game.
- Last year, players made about $150 per game.
- A name-the-team contest will be announced within weeks.
- Tickets will cost between $10 and $12. Maximum capacity will be around 1,500 people at the ice arena.