Giant Food Stores on Monday announced it had removed a snack from shelves, following a product recall.
Dale & Thomas issued a recall after its ready-to-eat bags of Indiana white cheddar popcorn may have been contaminated by Listeria.
Customers who purchased nine-ounce bags of Dale & Thomas Indiana white cheddar popcorn with UPC 84357100078 should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund, the company said in a release.
No illnesses have been reported, according to the release.
Listeria can cause listeriosis, which is an uncommon but potentially fatal disease that may lead to a high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness, nausea, stillbirths and miscarriages. The bacteria can also cause serious, and sometimes fatal, infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly, those undergoing chemotherapy and persons with HIV.
For more information, call Dale & Thomas customer service at 866-940-7936.