A Bedford County man died in Fairview Township Tuesday morning while relocating power lines, police said.
The York County Coroner's Office identified the man as 41-year-old James Dick. He was pronounced dead at the scene, with the cause of death being electrocution. A deputy coroner ruled the death accidental.
Fairview Township Police were called to the scene about 7:30 a.m., township Lt. Jason Loper said.
Dick was working in a bucket truck for J.R. Wyles Inc., based in James Creek, Huntingdon County. The subcontracted workers were re-routing power lines in the 900 block of Old Rossville Road for Adams Electric, Loper said.
York County Deputy Coroner Steve Cosey said Dick was shocked by a 7,000-volt live wire. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating, he said. That's standard procedure in work-related deaths. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
"It appears to be accidental, but we're not sure why the line shocked him," Loper said. "It may be one of those things where you never know exactly what happened or how it happened."
He said other workers on the scene saw the electrocution and called 911.