York County has announced the opening of a cooling station at the Salvation Army, 114 S. Duke St. in York City to help people escape the heat.
The cooling station will be open until 4:30 p.m. Friday.
In addition, the following senior centers have extended their hours to provide relief from the heat for residents age 60 or older:
* Delta Senior Center, 5 Pendyrus St., Delta, open until 5:30 p.m. today. Phone: 456-5753.
* Dillsburg Senior Activity Center, 1 N. Second St., Dillsburg, open until 5:00 p.m. today and Monday, July 2. Phone: 432-2216.
* Golden Visions Senior Community Center, 250 Fame Ave., Hanover, open until 6:00 p.m. today and Monday, July 2. Phone: 633-5072.
* Susquehanna Senior Center, 2427 Craley Road, Wrightsville, open until 6:00 p.m. today. Phone: 244-0340.
* Windy Hill Senior Center, 50 North East St., Suite 2, Spring Grove, open until 4:30 p.m. today and July 2, 3, 5 and 6. Phone: 225-0733.
* York Community S.E.N.I.O.R.S., 1251 W. King St., West York, will remain open extended hours as needed on July 2,3, 5, and 6. Interested individuals should contact the center for hours. Phone: 848-4417.