An early morning fire in Spring Garden Township displaced two people on Sunday.
York Area United Fire and Rescue and surrounding departments were dispatched to the two-alarm blaze at 1174 Hollywood Terrace about 8 a.m., said Chief Robert McCoy.
Responding firefighters arrived at the scene to find flames showing from a porch with fire extending to the first and second floors of the home, the chief said.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire in about 20 minutes.
"We were able to hold the fire to the one side of the house," McCoy said.
The home sustained $150,000 in damage and $50,000 in damage was caused to the contents of the home, he said.
The two adult residents of the home were to stay with relatives Sunday night.
The residents were on vacation when the fire broke out but returned once they learned of the blaze.
Cause: A state police fire marshal investigated the blaze and ruled it accidental.
Electrical wiring started the fire, McCoy said.
The fire broke out during a shift change at the department ,and a number of firefighters that were driving home saw a column of smoke and responded to the scene, McCoy said.
One firefighter suffered from a heat-related illness and was treated at the scene, the chief said.
"He was just overheated," McCoy said.
On Sunday evening, a contractor was working to board up affected parts of the home as the homeowners' friends and family sorted through salvageable items.
A man who didn't give his name said the homeowners were "too frazzled" to talk.
- Reach Greg Gross at email@example.com.