An early morning fire at a concession stand in Santander Stadium was extinguished Saturday with little damage done, said York City Fire Department Chief David Michaels.
A compressor in the cooling unit of the first-base-side concession stand overheated and caught fire around 6 a.m., Michaels said.
He said the fire was contained by the park's own sprinkler system.
The damage was minimal enough that planned events at Santander Stadium were able to go on as normal on Saturday, he said.
"If not for the sprinkler, it would have been a totally different outcome," Michaels said. "It could have been a significant fire."