THE YORK DISPATCH

Firefighters responded to a small fire in a generator room at Susquehannock High School in Shrewsbury Township early this morning.

Wayne McCullough, the chief financial officer for Southern York County School District, said the blaze started during regular, weekly testing of an emergency generator at the 3280 Fissels Church Road school.

Students arriving on buses were temporarily sent to the gymnasium or cafeteria, but were in their homerooms before the first bell rang, he said.

Damage was contained to the generator itself, but McCullough did not have a dollar estimate this morning.