West York has extended its snow emergency until 6 p.m. Saturday.
Two-wheel drive vehicles must have either snow tires or driving wheels chained when operated on "Snow Emergency" routes, and parking is prohibited along the following blocks:
- 1000-1800 blocks of West Market Street,
- North Highland Avenue, West Market Street to Bannister Street,
- South Highland Avenue, West Market Street to West King Street,
- 1300 block of West King Street, and
- Hoke Street from West King Street to College Avenue.
Ticketing and towing is in effect.
The borough has provided two off-street parking areas for residents:
- Reliance Fire Station No. 1, 1341 W. Market St., but vehicles must be removed by the end of the snow emergency, and
- The borough parking lot at 1401 W. Philadelphia St., where residents are permitted to park until March 1.
Residents are encouraged to clear snow from fire hydrants to keep them visible, accessible and to keep from freezing.
All property owners that snow and ice covered sidewalks shall be cleared within 12 hours of last snowfall, and violators could be fined.