* The York City Council has canceled its 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight.
* All York County and court operations closed at noon. Essential services should report as scheduled.
* YWCA York closed at 11:30 a.m.
* Tonight's meeting of the Northern York County Regional Police Commission has been postponed until 7 p.m. Wednesday.
* Tonight's meeting of the West York Area School Board has been postponed until 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28.
* North Codorus Township has declared a snow emergency until 8 a.m. Wednesday.
10:45 a.m. update:
* Girl Scout and volunteer information night at Chapel Church United Methodist Church, 3050 Cape Horn Road in Red Lion cancelled and will be rescheduled for a later date. These information nights are still on: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Paul Smith Library, 80 Constitution Ave in Shrewsbury; 6:15 p.m. Wednesday at St. Mark Lutheran Church, 129 Charles St. in Hanover; 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Dillsburg Public Library, 17 S. Baltimore St. in Dillsburg.
9:45 a.m. update: More announcements are coming in:
* Wrightsville has declared a snow emergency until 10 a.m. Wednesday. Motor vehicle traffic on borough streets that would "hinder snow removal and emergency operations" is prohibited except in emergencies. Snow Emergency Route is in effect. Depositing or throwing snow into any borough street or alley is prohibited.
* The after-school program in York City at the Princess Street Center has been canceled on Tuesday, York City said. It will resume 3:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
* York City residents can park for free in York City-owned garages on Market Street, King Street and Philadelphia Street.
* The York Jewish Community Center will close at noon Tuesday. Children must be picked up from child care by noon.
* The United Way of York County Campaign Celebration & Awards has been postponed. It will be held 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28 at the Valencia Ballroom.
* The state House Democratic Policy Committee hearing scheduled for 1 p.m. at the Yorktowne Hotel on education and economic development has been cancelled due to inclement weather. The hearing will be rescheduled for a later date. For more information visit www.pahouse.com/PolicyCommittee, or call (717) 787-3555.
8:15 a.m. update: York City has declared a snow emergency beginning at noon.
All cars will need to be moved from emergency routes by 1 p.m., the city said. Those routes include Market, Philadelphia, George, Queen, Princess and Duke streets as well as parts of West King and Beaver streets.
Free parking is available at surface lots owned by the city in these locations: 300 block of West King Street; 150 S. Duke St.; Newton and Howard streets; 600 block of West Mason Avenue; Duke and Princess streets; 700 block of East Mason Avenue; Penn and St. Paul streets; 200 block of West Market Street; Allen Field; 200 W. Philadelphia St.
The snow emergency is in effect until further notice.
8 a.m. update: New Freedom is under a snow emergency from 9 a.m. Tuesday until 9 a.m. Wednesday, the borough announced. No parking is allowed on snow emergency routes.
6 a.m. update: All public and private schools in York County have canceled classes on Tuesday, according to websites.
Classes are also canceled at all HACC campuses, including York, and at Penn State York and YTI.
York College has canceled a planned orientation program and will hold a drop-in orientation 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday in the Student Union Building's Buechel Lounge.
Previous: Some organizations are making announcements in anticipation of Tuesday's predicted snowfall.
* Shrewsbury borough has a snow emergency from 7 a.m. Tuesday until 7 a.m. Wednesday, according to borough secretary Cindy Bosley. No parking is allowed on any street.
* West York Borough is declaring a snow emergency to take effect at 6 a.m. Tuesday and ending at 6 a.m. Wednesday. Parking will be prohibited along the borough's designated and posted"Snow Emergency routes, specifically West Market Street, South Highland Avenue, 1300 block West King Street and Hoke Street. Vehicles parked in these prohibited areas are subject to towing after 8 a.m. Tuesday.
The borough has provided free off-street parking for those residents along the snow emergency routes at the Reliance Fire Station, 1341 W. Market St., and the parking lot located at 1401 N. Highland Ave
* Snow emergencies have also been declared in Felton, Spring Grove, Springfield Township, Stewartstown and Yoe.
* American Sign Language I classes offered through the Lutheran Social Services Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing, scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Tuesday, are postponed due to inclement weather, the LSS announced. ASL I classes will resume Tuesday, Jan. 28 at the scheduled times. Contact Kenny Watts, director of LSS Social & Specialty Services, at (717) 852-4357 or email@example.com with questions or for more information.
* The American Sign Language II class offered through the Lutheran Social Services Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing, scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Tuesday, is postponed due to inclement weather. ASL II class will resume Tuesday, Jan. 28 at its scheduled time.
* The 7 p.m. Tuesday public meeting at York County Democratic Headquarters has been canceled.
* The Yorktown Senior Center will be closed.
Check back later for more.