Christmas decorations caused a blaze that damaged a Lower Windsor Township home on Thursday, a fire official said.

Assistant Chief Jason Fryberger of Craley's Community Fire Co. said no one was hurt in the 11:54 a.m. fire at a home in the 2600 block of Craley Road.

But the woman who owns the home and lives there has been displaced, he said.

The resident called 911 when she saw her artificial Christmas tree on fire in her living room, according to Fryberger.

She escaped the home before fire crews arrived, he said.

Quick knockdown: The first firefighters to arrive knocked down flames quickly, and the blaze was called under control at 12:07 p.m., Fryberger said.

The blaze has been ruled electrical in nature, sparked either by the tree's lights or by something else electrical on or around the tree, Fryberger said.

The small wooden ranch-style home sustained quite a bit of smoke damage, he said, but fire and water damage was contained to the living room and its contents.

Fryberger said it will be up to the woman's insurance company to decide whether the home is salvageable. He said he expects she will be displaced for some time.

The York-Adams chapter of the American Red Cross was called to the scene and is assisting the woman, the assistant chief said.

Assisting Craley crews at the scene were firefighters from Wrightsville, East Prospect, Yorkana, New Bridgeville, Windsor and Columbia, Fryberger said.

-- Reach Liz Evans Scolforo at levans@yorkdispatch.com.