A Northeastern High School student will be charged for allegedly making two bomb threats against the school earlier this week, police say.

The 17-year-old student, whose name was not released because of his age, faces weapons of mass destruction and causing or risking a catastrophe charges, both of which are felonies, said Lt. Howard Daniels of Northeastern Regional Police.

The charges will be filed through the York County Juvenile Probation office, Daniels said.

The first threat happened Monday afternoon and students were dismissed for the remainder of the day after being evacuated from the school. A second bomb scare happened Tuesday and students were again evacuated.

No devices were found in either incident.

Police questioned the student Tuesday, and he confessed to making both threats, Daniels said.

He was released to the custody of his parents.

The student was seeking attention but had no means to actually carry out the threats.

"Students have to realize these threats have to be taken seriously by both the school district and the police," Daniels said.



Advertisement